Saved games not found

Glen

Hi Guys, I wonder if you can heIp me.

I moved my saved games from <<c:\users\username\onedrive\documents\my games\0ad\saves>> to 
<<c:\users\username\documents\my games\0ad\saves>> because my onedrive was getting full. 
I reinstalled 0AD because I thought it used <<c:\users\username\documents\my games\0ad\saves>>
as the default directory for saved games but when I try to load a saved game it cant see them, it will only see them if i restore them
to <<c:\users\username\onedrive\documents\my games\0ad\saves>>

It's possible OneDrive plays a trick with 0 A.D. depending on how your documents are configured on Windows. Another solution if you want to keep everything at the same place is to run 0 A.D. with the -writableRoot command :) Then everything will be stored in %appdata% next to the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stan,

I have modified the target field in the properties dialogue box. It now reads

-writableRoot "D:\Program Files\0ad\0 A.D. alpha\binaries\system\pyrogenesis.exe"

However when I try to apply it I receive the following EM

Capture.PNG.6c7ff90dde5cfb4de07a6245b5ee67de.PNG

Thanks Stan,

When I started the game there was a dialogue box saying this is a beta version or something I dont remember, but it said do you want to show this message again. Its as if it were a new install. This isnt a problem but the game runs slowly, is this because its running the saved game from the d:drive. Also the saved game took longer than usual to load

Yeah sorry that's because when running in that mod it doesn't read configs from the old location so it acts like a new install. If you move the folder to another PC though since all the config files are in that folder that will never happen.

With regards to the slowdown my guess is that it resetted the graphics options so it might have set the quality too high for your hardware. You can copy the old config from the appdata folder and put it in binaries/logs/

If the savegame took longer to load and you're moving from an ssd in c:/ to a hdd: in d:/ yeah that might explain the loading speed