Hello Wildfire Games

Hello staff and members of Wildfire Games!

I've been following the progress of 0 AD for a significant part of it's being and have finally decided to come over to the forums and introduce myself. Some of you who come for the AOM or AOK arena may know or have heard of me but just in case you haven't, here's my bio from www.purpledesignstudios.com:

The Age of Series has been my life. I purchased Age of Empires I ten years a go the day it came out in England. It was my favourite game at the time and what I loved most about it was that you could create your own maps and play them, little was I too know then that in ten years I would be designing at the top of my game on a much much MUCH more advanced editor. Prior to approaching the internet community, I used to create maps on Age of Kings for my brother to play. He loved them and although no doubt he was very biased he considered them better than the ES scenarios that came with the game. MY first online experiences were by playing AoK at msnZone.com where I was encouraged to make my own map and released a little known multiplayer scneario called LASER QUEST. I highly accipated the arrival of Age Of Mythology and as I had done with all previous in the series, I bought it the day it arrived in the stores. AOM definately lived up to my expectations. It was the best in the series so far with a far superior editor. At this point I was introduced to the world of www.throughtheages.com, which alas is now no longer running. ThroughTheAges introduced me to some of the best known designers of the time, SorcerorOfErebus, Lord_DiGangi, Waveslave and EazY_Ben to name a few. My move to AOMh happened jsut after the formation of my first design team. It could be said that AOMh was in it's 'golden era' at the time when projects of high quality were being released left right and centre. It was also the age of the design team when some of the biggest names in scenario design team history were around AOMPunk, Dragon Network and Tsunami being the most notable of these. The new 'young team' wave was also commencing were many new teams were emerging to compete to enter legendary status. My own design team was one of these alongside Ambition Designs, Liquid Fire Studios and others. Although InterDen stood the test of time, it never really reach the success of AD and LFS. This most probably being due to the fact that they both had superior website-creating abilities. This doesn't mean that InterDen didnt release anything decent, Eazy_Ben released his top-rated Dracula under the InterDen banner aswel as Master_Fluff's White Knight, also toprated. I myself released one of the few cinematics to remain in the toprated section to this day: Pirates & Merchants. Post to the collapse of InterDen, I faded from thr design community for a bit. Eventually i regained some interest and return to the sceen under the guise of AnnoDominius. As AD I have added to my toprated reportoire the Cassius Belli series, which was bet with positive critical reactions. I also collaborated with Dan_Swordsman to ensure the release of the Senators Modpack which I intend to use in an upcomming project called ROME 78BC. After a brief spell away again I have reutrned once more with the intention of joining a design team to help boost the design community in AOMh.

I'm currently at Exeter University and enjoy all things university students enjoy... just drunken escapades then!

Welcome to the Wildfire Games forums!

It's interesting to get to know a bit about the people and your introduction was not an exception. I hope to see you around for a long time and I hope that you'll find your visit/s to this forum worthwile :)

Would you care to tell us a bit about how you found out about 0 A.D.? It's always nice to get an idea how people find out about us ;)

• 5 months later...