FOSDEM 2024

Hi, I'm wondering if the wildfire games developers would be interested in a joined stand on FOSDEM 2024 with DDNet. DDNet, like 0ad, is a complete free and open-source game with a decently sized community. The game mechanic differ from 0ad: DDNet is a 2D cooperative precision platformer. 2023 was my first in person FOSDEM, I met 2 other DDNet developers and we had a great time. I didn't get a stand in 2023 (and I didn't see a 0ad stand). All the approved stands were from really big open-source projects, so I though maybe a joined submission might have higher changes of success.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Zwelf
Add link to repository including LICENSE file
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi and welcome to the forum!

On 2/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, Zwelf said:

I didn't get a stand in 2023 (and I didn't see a 0ad stand).

We had our stand before, just haven't submitted our application this year.

All the approved stands were from really big open-source projects, so I though maybe a joined submission might have higher changes of success.

We had no problem to get a stand in previous years (according to Stan we had no rejections at all).

Any thoughts?

We haven't considered to have a stand yet.

Personally I plan to give a lightning talk (like I did in 2019-2021) and I'd like to have a stand. But I need to have my visa approved first.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...