Where are the editor's default settings stored?

krt0143

Is there somewhere a file with the editor's (Atlas) settings?

My problem is simple: When you start the editor, it always defaults to "8 players" and the first player is always "Han". Unfortunately for me, the maps I make are all 2-player, and the starting civilization is rarely "Han" (mostly "Britons", now "Norse")...
After a time it becomes a pain to always have to change this manually, is there a way to change these defaults to something more suitable?

Okay, I've found "\simulation\data\settings\player_defaults.json", but while changing it changes the players default colors just fine, the editor royally ignores any civilization changes I make in there. It's always "Han", period...  :(

Also, is there a way to make the editor default to 2-player games? I will never ever make an 8-player game (not before 0 A.D. can handle extra-humongous super-giant maps), so it's just wasted time having to dial it down to "2" each and every time.  :(

2 hours ago, hyperion said:

_default.xml is the map loaded at startup, which has 8 players and player 1 being assigned Han.

:shocking:

How does that work? If I edit this map, and change it to 2-players & other civilizations, will it:

1. change all random maps' start conditions accordingly?
  2. break the game and open a black hole swallowing my computer, house and neighborhood?

I'd be tempted to bet #2. What a peculiar way to store settings...  :blink:

--- Edit

What do you know, it worked!:yahoo:

Thank you!

Edited by krt0143