-Handgunner

Link

-Mounted crossbowman

Link

-Heavy infantry

Link

Are they good?

Edited by Abadu

I wouldn't call this faction Holy Roman Empire.

Problem is, that it was name of state with many duchies fighting each other. Therefore I'd give it name of nation.

For example Bohemians and more other nations (Northern Italy, Swiss ...) belonged to the HRE.

Creation of HRE could be one of campaigns or so. But not name of faction. It would look weird having for example Swiss fighting HRE, as they were in HRE (at least at the beginning).

Also instead of "German" for first two periods use "Germanic" as French will use same units as Frankish kingdom covered both, Germany and France.

In second period, there is too much cavalry units.

Knight -> Ritter or Caballero

Spearman -> Lanzenknecht

Swordsman -> Schwerter ?

Cavalry -> Reiter

Militia -> Neerbann or Landwehr

I will edit the topic with your ideas,thanks for the names

But i dont think that HRE is a bad name,keep in mind that those names are generic.I tought that the HRE would represent the less important germanic states.The most important(Switzerland and Bohemia,for example) would get their factions,because if we where going to include al the less important states,that would be a lot of factions with similar units.What do you think?(I also did this with italy,instead of research all the city states,I researched important cities of the italian regions(South,North and central) to represent the city states of that region)

EDIT:About too much cavalry in the second level,we can use the austrasian mounted infantry as spearman,what do you think?

EDIT2:I will have tests at school,so dont expect many new things from me for 2-3 weaks,ok?

Edited by Abadu

Fact is, that Frankish kingdom incorporated both, Germany and France. And it is also well known, that its main striking force was in cavalry. When I think about it, it wouldn't go much against history to have more cavalry units. Time will show whether it won't go much against gameplay and balance.

• 3 weeks later...