Vote for eihrul in "Gift a Rift" Contest!

Why I wrote this here (and why I hopefully will not be banned for spamming the forum :) ) is that eihrul contributed some graphic enhancements into 0 A.D. with his frankenpatch (see 9814, 11896) and also we are using his ENet library.

On the subject: Lee "eihrul" Salzman is one of 5 finalists of "Gift a Rift" Contest. Vote itself is here. As I understand vote ends on "Saturday Sep 1, 2:00am EDT" so don't think too long! :)

Surely it is not too polite to say "vote for <someone>" and everyone decides for himself anyway; it is just personally I know nothing about other 4 competitors, I looked quickly on their sites and wikipedia articles about some of them and it looks like all they are indie gamedev studios. I even don't know much about that Oculus Rift itself (but saw something in the media of course); so for me if is just a chance to support another free game developer, hence such topic.

Some more info in the post on Free Gamer (where I found out about that competition).

P.S.: I probably too tired now, looked at this post a number of times after writing it and each time noticed/fixed some errors. There is probably still some, sorry.

Voted! ;)

I accidentally discovered oculus rift some time ago and I got interested, I also saw an interview with Jhon Carmack speaking very good about the product and I get even more excited about it!

Seems a good step forward in the VR area. I expect that next gen consoles will launch a similar product when oculus is out and they clone it or something.

Good luck to Salzman

I didn't understand everything but I voted anyway

Here's some info about the occulus rift, it is being supported by a lot of famous devs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x05UArlTke4&feature=endscreen

The vote (If I understand it correctly) is to choose which indie developers gain the "development tools" to work on a project using oculus rift technology.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game/posts/302128:

"Gift a Rift" Contest Winners

We had over 3,000 people vote for their favorite Gift a Rift submissions, but in the end, two projects took the lead. We're thrilled to announce that the winners are:

First place: Lee Salzman (Cube Engine) with over 37% of the vote!

Second place: Phosfiend Systems (FRACT) with over 23% of the vote!

Lee Salzman and Phosfiend Systems will each receive a free Rift developer kit, t-shirt, and poster all signed by the Oculus team. Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest. We're eager to see what Lee and Phosfiend come up with.

(bold highlight is mine)