Can't build r10803 on Fedora 17

first off all, i'm a noob. my ignorance fills mount olympus, so please don't laugh at me, or my bad english.

i've successfully built and run flawlessly 0ad r10803 on the same hardware (nvidia optimus gt540m) on Fedora 16 with stock mesa and nouveau drivers, but after upgrading to Fedora 17, i can't build it - stuck with nvidia texture tools. the error messages thrown were (something like):

src/nvcore/Debug.cpp: In member function ‘bool {anonymous}::UnixAssertHandler::isDebuggerPresent()’:
src/nvcore/Debug.cpp:383:25: error: ‘getpid’ was not declared in this scope
src/nvcore/Debug.cpp:383:26: error: ‘getsid’ was not declared in this scope
src/nvcore/Debug.cpp:383:39: error: ‘getppid’ was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [src/nvcore/CMakeFiles/nvcore.dir/Debug.cpp.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [src/nvcore/CMakeFiles/nvcore.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

what am i going to do to solve it? should i install and use the real nvidia driver from nvidia.com, *not* nouveau? fyi the process is a pain in the duff, 'cuz it'll involve setting up virtualgl, bumblebee and sort of crap in order nvidia driver to work better on Fedora 17. fyi again, i'd just use the already built version for fedora 16, but it depends on boost-signals v1.47, while fedora 17 sports boost-signals v1.48 - symlinking didn't solve the dependency.

thanks in advance for your solution.

If I remember properly you don't need the nvidia driver to run the texture tools as some ATI users will attest,the errors being thrown look more due to changes in gcc than anything else.But if you do want to use the prop nvidia driver try this guide http://forums.fedora...ad.php?t=280750 been using Leigh123linux guides since fedora core 7 ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

Edited by Loki1950

Indeed, Loki1950 is correct, it has nothing to do with drivers but a change with Fedora 17 and GCC 4.7. There is an open issue with patches awaiting review on the NVTT Google Code site, ironically it references 0 A.D. ;)

Would you be willing to apply the nvidia-texture-tools-2.0.8-gcc4.7.patch patch and test if it works?

Edit: oops ignore the above, it's already been added to our SVN trunk as of r11379. If you want you could probably just get the corrected file from there.