Dual monitors

markv

I like the game, good job.

I've found a few old threads about dual monitors. They suggest switching to windowed mode and miximizing on one screen. I think that's a button now (found it already so that's good). However, it works great except that the cursor leaves the monitor and moves to the other monitor. So I can't scroll around without the keyboard. Didn't found a solution for that in ~3 threads. Maybe lock the cursor within the window as long as it has focus.

Otherwise good game! I would be less confused if the units were a little larger, but I can understand if you're going for realism.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the game, good job.

I've found a few old threads about dual monitors. They suggest switching to windowed mode and miximizing on one screen. I think that's a button now (found it already so that's good). However, it works great except that the cursor leaves the monitor and moves to the other monitor. So I can't scroll around without the keyboard. Didn't found a solution for that in ~3 threads. Maybe lock the cursor within the window as long as it has focus.

Otherwise good game! I would be less confused if the units were a little larger, but I can understand if you're going for realism.

Hi! Some details about your system would help, can you attach the system_info.txt from the game's log directory? Recently there were improvements to the game's multi-monitor support, but it also depends on your OS.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll chime in on what I'm seeing in Ubuntu 15.04 with the nvidia drivers. X11 is setup with a virtual 3840x1080 (twinview) screen thats then connected to my 2 x 1920x1080 monitors.

X11 treats the second display area with a offset (+1920+0).

0ad seems to just utilze the whole display and not recognize/respect the display offset, fairly common for games on linux atm, the solution is usually just setting the resolution manually to 1920x1080.

0ad currently lets you go to windowed as a workaround (I had to manually edit my config, UI setting didn't seem to persist).

OS : Linux 3.19.0-26-generic (#28-Ubuntu SMP Tue Aug 11 14:16:32 UTC 2015)
CPU : x86_64, Intel Core i7-2600K @ 3.40GHz (1x4x2), 3.41 GHz
Memory : 15964 MiB; 418 MiB free
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL Drivers : 4.5.0 NVIDIA 352.30; OpenGL 4.5.0 NVIDIA 352.30
Video Mode : 3840x1080:32
Sound Card : Unknown
Sound Drivers : Unknown