LAN Disconnects

Durus Pater

Hello All,

I've looked around for a solution to my problem and haven't seen anything. I hope I didn't just miss it. I have a rather simple problem. I am trying to play a multiplayer game with a friend against two AI bots (Petra). My friend hosts the game and is able to play with no issues, but I keep getting disconnected at random points in our games. When I come back we have the OOS issues (a known problem, I think - not expecting a solution to that). Why all these random disconnects? For awhile we were both using her local network, but after several disconnects I cabled our systems directly together. No router, switch, etc. between them. I still get the disconnects.

Is this likely a hardware issue on my end? I haven't ever had problems with a wired connection suddenly dropping. Is there a way to increase the poll time (proper terminology?) so that the game will wait a few seconds after it appears connection has dropped before actually kicking me?

More information and some logs:

- Both of us are running Linux. I'm on an up to date Arch system, she's on Ubuntu 12.04.

- Disconnects happen on the "official" alpha release (16) and also recent SVN versions from past several days

- A few relevant lines from the mainlog:

Net: Sending message CEndCommandBatchMessage { m_Turn: 10653, m_TurnLength: 500 } of size 9 to serverNet: Sending message CSyncCheckMessage { m_Turn: 10652, m_Hash: V\u00f7\u00c8\u0083\u0002&I\u00a0\u00e2 \u00c9p\u00c5\u0019W* } of size 27 to serverNet client: Received message CEndCommandBatchMessage { m_Turn: 10653, m_TurnLength: 500 } of size 9 from serverNet: Sending message CEndCommandBatchMessage { m_Turn: 10654, m_TurnLength: 500 } of size 9 to serverNet: Sending message CSyncCheckMessage { m_Turn: 10653, m_Hash: {\u00dc,?\u0012\u00ee\u007f\u0099-b\u00c0\u00f7_\u00e3b\u00f0 } of size 27 to serverNet client: DisconnectedNet message: ({type:"netstatus", status:"disconnected", reason:0})

Anything else I can include? I have oos_dumps and command logs. Is there anything I can do next time this happens to help pinpoint the problem?