Gallic Tavern

tau

Found out that in A16 Gallic Tavern cannot be used for the purpose of phasing from II to III unlike other special buildings. De facto it is a special building (and a Town phase building after all). But technically it is not because it has template_structure_civic_house as a parent instead of template_structure_special.

I would suggest changing this but then taverns become useless structures until age III since women cannot be trained there. However training women requires the Fertility Festival tech which i personally do not research every time and when i do i use houses. Training women in a tavern looks to me a bit questionable :) Anyway, a tavern can be built in age II but remains almost useless until III.

Maybe consider making Tavern a special building and training women or some other units there without researching a tech (and probably increasing taverns' cost)?

On the other hand, 7(?) of 13 civs don't have a Town phase special structure at all and in A15 such structures didn't count for phasing to III. However this was a bit misleading since the hint says you need 4 Town phase structures.