[PR] Volunteers for Pixabyte video?

Jeru

The person in charge of the small YouTube channel Pixabyte wants to make a video where one of the developers would create a pitch for 0 A.D.

Developer Pitch is where game developers have the opportunity to pitch their game to our viewers through a single level, match, or 7 minutes of gameplay.

Each episode begins with the developer explaining the basic premise of the game, and then goes on to showcase a few of its key aspects while playing through the level. At the end of the episode you get to give a final plug where you tell the viewers how they can help support the game, where to download/purchase it, vote for it on Greenlight, and so on.

At the end of the video, I would like people to see a call to action to either (1) sign up to our mailing list, or (2) donate to the project. (If we are in the middle of the crowdfunding campaign, we would point there.)

Any takers for this task?

• Like 1

Michael, take note that this is a small YouTube channel.

I would suggest you focus your time and effort on bigger outlets (sorry, Pixabyte).

This is why I am seeking other volunteers for this.

Understood. Some basic gameplay footage from alpha123 or Pureon or Enrique or whoever could suffice. Maybe a task for a (dedicated) fan/contributor, like Oimat...

Hm. I could record some gameplay footage for this. Pureon suggested that I might also do the voiceover; I'd be OK with that I guess. I don't have a particularly good microphone (or particularly good voice :P) though. Maybe if somebody would write some kind of script I could do it.

But anyway, just some regular multiplayer gaming footage? I'd be happy to make some, although I don't usually run the game with full graphics settings so it wouldn't be as pretty as the game actually is.

I would prefer to have at least some parts to be with full graphics settings.

Some footage can be taken playing in single-player mode against a disabled AI, if performance is an issue.

Performance isn't an issue so much as my crummy Intel integrated graphics card. :P

Edited by alpha123

• 4 months later...