I want to get involved XD

TrinityDeath

Hi, guys.

I just accidentally saw this game on sourceforge.

I'm new to Open source software, but i'm really interested in this game.

I'm wondering if I can get involved with it.

I have downloaded and run it in the lab.

Unfortuately the graphic card is not good enough to run it smoothly, but i still find few things that i think it would be good to be included in the game.

For example, when I choose a group of farmers or citizens, and trying to gather them to another location.

I think there should be a sign on the position when we right click it to INDICATE they are moving towards there. Also a sound might be good to be included as well.

And i'm a master of Computing student in Australian National University, i got my bachelor of Computing in Adelaide University in South Australia.

I would also be happy to take some simple tasks to start to contribute to this lovely game.

but I would need some helps since as said, I'm new to open source software, which is really a shame.

My email is : Jethro.lu@gmail.com

Really looking forward to get involved and contribute to this game.

Thanks for your time all.

Waiting for your reply.

Jethro

• Like 1

Hi. See here if you want to get started programming: http://trac.wildfire...rtedProgrammers

Also feel free to ask questions.

Hi, thanks for quick reply.

I have more confidence to work a simple task on C++.

Also, the suggestion I mentioned above, any chance to get help on that? or I have to work on the existing task from beginner tasks

It's completely up to you what you want to work on and how you want to proceed.

Some work has already been done on the task you described: http://trac.wildfire....com/ticket/657

If you wish, you can take the WIP patch on that ticket, and continue work on it.

Hi, thanks for all the information.

I just read through the codes, and i patched it, but it ended up not working , i guess it's due to the version update.

and i figured it's hard for me to get start with.

I'm more confident to work on something in C++, any suggestion for me as a beginner?

I'm really willing to participate in this game, really looking forward to get involved in.

Jethro