Bounding box on fallen Date Palm is messed up

zoot

By bounding box, you mean the one used for pathfinding obstructions? That can't be model/actor dependent since it affects the simulation. It might be possible to work around that by having multiple bounding boxes that are somehow synced with animations, but it could still look bad if the user had locally modified actors. The selection box should conform to the animated model and that's ok because it's not part of the simulation.

By bounding box, you mean the one used for pathfinding obstructions? That can't be model/actor dependent since it affects the simulation. It might be possible to work around that by having multiple bounding boxes that are somehow synced with animations, but it could still look bad if the user had locally modified actors.

I mean the one used when clicking an entity. If I click in the area around the 'door' of the tower in the screenshot above, the palm is counter-intuitively selected because the game 'thinks' it is standing upright.

Oh right, if I recall correctly trees are a special case of selection boxes (they tend to have very large branch/leave polys that are annoyingly easy to select) so it doesn't change with animation. In fact there's a ticket that describes this exact problem and the reason it exists: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1032

• Like 1