Arm GLES Port.

Greetings,

I thought I'd try my hand at an Armv7l port to my Chromebook running Ubuntu. I downloaded the Ides of March release as I think it has the most GLES compatable code?

I was not able to get very far, I ran:

./update-workspaces.sh --disable-collada --gles --disable-atlas --without-nvtt -j3

And the build failed with:

g++ -fvisibility=hidden -W -Wall -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-unused-function -DLINUX -fpic -fno-strict-aliasing -O0 -g -D_DEBUG -DRETAIL -IFCollada `pkg-config libxml-2.0 --cflags` -MD -MF output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUBoundingBox.d -c FCollada/FUtils/FUBoundingBox.cpp -o output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUBoundingBox.o
/tmp/ccLlESa9.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccLlESa9.s:167: Error: bad instruction `int $0x03'
make: *** [output/debug/FCollada/FUtils/FUAssert.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
ERROR: FCollada build failed

Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,

James

Seems like some type of g++ error so here is the output of g++ -v if it's any help at all:

Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=g++
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.7/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-linux-gnueabihf
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,go,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.7 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.7 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --disable-libitm --enable-plugin --enable-objc-gc --enable-multilib --disable-sjlj-exceptions --with-arch=armv7-a --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-float=hard --with-mode=thumb --disable-werror --enable-checking=release --build=arm-linux-gnueabihf --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --target=arm-linux-gnueabihf
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.7.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1)

Edited by mg_andrew_jackson

--disable-collada isn't a valid option. If you want to skip the FCollada build, you should probably just remove/comment the line in update-workspaces.sh where --collada is added to the Premake arguments and the line that builds FCollada. I don't know why it's failing, but it's not required if you use archive build to create a public.zip, which is part of the experimental Android Port build instructions.