Linux Multiple monitors

larsemil

Hi!

I am running 0.a.d on Ubuntu 12.10 with KDE as desktop. Also i have two monitors.

When not running the game in windowed mode the screen stretches across both monitors. If i in local.cfg set a display i get that display, on the middle of the two monitors.This is really annoying.

If i on the other hand run it in windowed mode it works just fine. But then - It gets really laggy when encountering many enemies.

Any help appretiated.

If i on the other hand run it in windowed mode it works just fine. But then - It gets really laggy when encountering many enemies.

Any help appretiated.

That issue is separate from the monitor issue. Lag with many units is something that will happen anyway, because the game still needs optimisation in that area. Best is to not have more than 2 AI players in a game.

I leave the monitor thingy to someone else. All I know is that on OS X it just uses the primary monitor, not sure why this wouldn't happen on (k)Ubuntu.

Hi!

I am running 0.a.d on Ubuntu 12.10 with KDE as desktop. Also i have two monitors.

When not running the game in windowed mode the screen stretches across both monitors. If i in local.cfg set a display i get that display, on the middle of the two monitors.This is really annoying.

Any help appretiated.

Which graphics card are you using, and do you know which drivers? I don't know if it makes any difference, but it could help in reproducing the issue. Also which version of the game?