Units shooting through walls

When playing the new Alpha 11 as the Iberian civilization, I noticed that any ranged soldiers could shoot through my walls. This doesn't seem as though it should be this way as a stone wall.

Is there a way to fix this, or is this just one of those things?

There's probably a way that we could make walls prevent ranged units from attacking across their obstruction footprints, but for simplicity's sake it would only apply to walls and not other buildings. Also, it probably would not be physics-based or trajectory-based or anything like that, but simply calculating the target angle and determining if it crosses the wall's obstruction footprint and then preventing the attack command from occurring. Not sure if all that is right. Perhaps a programmer with better knowledge could chime in and correct me. :)

Another consideration is pathfinding for the ranged units that can "see" the enemy units on the other side of the wall, but cannot fire at them because of the wall obstruction. Do these units try to walk around the wall or what? Something to ponder (and I'm sure this has all been discussed before).