Fun with foundations

zoot

1. Foundations do not show up on the minimap. Having nearly lost, the enemy can build a foundation some silly place and remain nearly invisible and thus drag out the match needlessly.

2. Destroyed civ center foundations count towards civ centers destroyed in the match statistics:

eEj6q.jpg

Edited by zoot

Foundations also count towards buildings destroyed. Perhaps only committed foundations should count towards those statistics (occurs when the foundation is first reached by a builder, at which point the foundation starts obstructing units and such).

Foundations are pseudo-templates that are created by CCmpTemplateManager::CopyFoundationSubset. They only have a small number of explicitly white-listed components (Minimap is notably absent). That particular function actually pre-dates the (current?) minimap implementation, so perhaps it's just an oversight.

Edit: I'm wrong on the former, actually. The buildings destroyed counter excluded foundations.

1. Foundations do not show up on the minimap. Having nearly lost, the enemy can build a foundation some silly place and remain nearly invisible and thus drag out the match needlessly.

That's why we should make players' entities visible in LOS after their last CC is destroyed. SCII does something like that. I'm sure people will still find a way to get around it and extend the game as long as possible, like garrisoning their now-visible units in an ally's structures. Or to quote a line from Gladiator "people should know when they're conquered."

That's why we should make players' entities visible in LOS after their last CC is destroyed. SCII does something like that. I'm sure people will still find a way to get around it and extend the game as long as possible, like garrisoning their now-visible units in an ally's structures. Or to quote a line from Gladiator "people should know when they're conquered."

I would sooner implement game modes with laxer victory conditions, such as destroying all of the enemy's civic centres, rather than annihilating every single unit and unit-producing building.