Updated Romans Sandbox

Hi all,

I have made a new scenario map for the Romans Sandbox. The current one does not have all units (which the player could of course build herself) but it also features no water to try the ships, as it is based on a small Oasis map. With the new merchant ship a sandbox game to show it off could be nice :)

My map features a large body of water, as well as the Roman temporary army camp with the turf walls to deal with a couple of Gauls nearby. In the South-west Carthaginians provide an oppurtunity to flex the Roman army's muscles :) Of course there is some place left to build new stuff, even though a fully equipped Roman city is available at the start.

This being my first post I hope I can add a little to the game! Let me know if the map is not up to standards or unsuitable for use, I can try and improve on it.

RomansSandbox2.zip

post-14722-0-23700100-1341332228_thumb.p

• Like 1

Looks like a really good start and what may become a great map (y) I do think there are ways to improve it though (I'm just looking at the image at the moment). One of the biggest visual things you could do is to divide the terrain into smaller pieces, that way it won't look as repetitive as it does now with all these big chunks of texture :)