Error in Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 Bit

Jeru

On Sat, 12 May 2012 16:51:20 -0400

76.6.117.238. sent the following message:

Name: David R

Alias: Dave

Email: bigd28341@yahoo.com

Body: The GL_ARB_multitexture extension doesn\'t appear to be available on your computer. The game may still work, though - you are welcome to try at your own risk. If not or it doesn\'t look right, upgrade your graphics card. Location: GameSetup.cpp:963 (InitGraphics) Call stack: 01213228 013B1DB9 012132D4 013A8C0F 013A8C40 7FFD6000 errno = 0 (No error reported here) OS error = 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.) _____ It appears that the game tries to use Open GL, which I don\'t honestly know if that works under Windows 7, or if that is XP only. Then, when I click continue, the game runs V-E-R-Y slowly! This is on a dual core 3.2 GHZ machine with 3 GB RAM & 79% free RAM. 500 GB HDD, no malware, other programs run great! I assume that if I installed XP, it would run fast. Would love to use this under 7, because I am a HUGE Age Of Emp fan, & I love what I have seen so far of the game...

Here is stated that 98% of 0 A.D. users have that extension

In particular, pretty much all users without that extension are on "GDI Generic", which is Windows' rubbish software fallback implementation when you don't have any working hardware-accelerated OpenGL drivers at all. We probably ought to detect that case specially and show users a nice error message telling them to install real drivers. (Added a ticket.)