few bugs

gavlig

- after I close the game it launches itself again :) Not very critical, but bug anyway.

- game with bots gets VERY laggy. I've checked system load, one processor core was fully loaded, but second felt very chilled :) I suspect that it is AI who its all processor time.(haven't played multiplayer though)

- I played only for Romans, so i don't know if this bug is actual for other nations, but when i buy like 5 or 10 women they appear very absently(don't know if this work represent the thing i mean, i'll make a screenshot later)

- First run of the game is slow and if i figured it right but i think it happens because all the resources being cached to the home directory(~/.cache/0ad). It's not very cool i guess, because same resources are just duplicated(why btw?).

- When i click on free workers button my cavalery units get selected

- there were some more bugs but i can't remember them at the moment... I'll write about them later :)

I use build from march 15(archlinux aur packet 0ad-svn).

My system is :

uname -a: 3.2.9-1-ARCH x86_64 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

ram: 2Gb

video card: geforce 9600gt

Despite all the bugs I could successfully finish the game with ai and beat it's @#$% up :) It was interesting and graphics looked fancy, so, to my mind, not a lot of tweaks left to make it finished. I like it very much and hope that with every next build that you guys will make it only better! Keep up the good work!

I like your avatar.

happy-i-see-what-you-did-there-(clean)-l.png

but when i buy like 5 or 10 women they appear very absently

What do you mean by this?

When i click on free workers button my cavalery units get selected

Cavalry can hunt. :)

I like it very much and hope that with every next build that you guys will make it only better! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for your support. We're trying! (y)

- after I close the game it launches itself again :) Not very critical, but bug anyway.

How are you launching the game?

- game with bots gets VERY laggy. I've checked system load, one processor core was fully loaded, but second felt very chilled :) I suspect that it is AI who its all processor time.(haven't played multiplayer though)

I wouldn't worry about the core usage yet, most of the engine is single threaded (easier for development and testing) and only takes advantage of one core.

- First run of the game is slow and if i figured it right but i think it happens because all the resources being cached to the home directory(~/.cache/0ad). It's not very cool i guess, because same resources are just duplicated(why btw?).

It only needs to cache the data if you build the game yourself, but for release packages the data should be archived/pre-cached. Which resources are duplicated? (Some have similar names but very distinct purposes)