How do I change max civil centers and maxpop limits?

How do I change max civil centers and maxpop limits?

I've been greping around and I can only find the limits of per-civil center but not for the max amount of civil centers.

I ask this because I want to have a land-grab game vs my friends, so I need to raise the limit so we can do this :).

I guess it was you I was talking to on irc about this, but I'll post here so others can see.

Building limits are defined in public/simulation/templates/special/player.xml there is no limit to the number of civil centres currently, only to fortresses and towers.

The map pop limit is set in public/simulation/components/Player.js at line 14: this.maxPop = 300; // maximum population.

How do I change that limit then? I was trying to place another one and it was just red nomatter where, I had a large map.

Did it say "CivilCentre build limit of ___ reached"? How large is a large map?

Edit: I just tested and was able to build like 30 civ centres with no problem :)

Other possible build restrictions:

• Terrain - watch the slope and distance from water
  • Territory - must build new CCs in neutral territory
  • Distance - this is currently configured to be almost identical to territory expansion size, but it's still possible to be in neutral territory but too close to an existing civ