Credit Screen - Info needed

gudo

I found myself with a tiny bit o time to work on my list of people to include on the credits. I figured that now that qBot is in SVN (grats btw), I should go through and list all the people who helped in it. I got quantumstate and infyquest, but there was also a commit on github by a mjsteger. So, does anybody know who this guy is? Specifically, does s/he have an account on WFG forums that I can credit? I searched his name, and nothing came up in posts or in members.

While looking for him, I also came across nikitakit. I'm pretty sure nikitakit hasn't contributed to qBot, but if you could confirm that for me quantum, that'd be great. Again, no sign of this person on WFG.

qBot has basically had me an infyquest contributing. mjesteger corrected a typo in the description which, while being nice, probably shouldn't lead to being listed in the credits. The only other contributions have been inherited from testBot and a test so that fish aren't gathered which came from JuBot. All other contributions have been helpful comments or bug reports from testers which I could try and list if you want.

Oh right, forgot about the fish check. I'll take care of that. Also I'll look into who made testbot. I did notice that mjesteger's contribution was trivial, but I included it because consensus earlier was that the credits should be inclusive rather than exclusive. Odds are one or two people who did even less will make the credits. :P

No need to list contributions other than actual code. There'll be some sort of shout out to all those who helped with testing and whatnot.

Oh right, forgot about the fish check. I'll take care of that. Also I'll look into who made testbot. I did notice that mjesteger's contribution was trivial, but I included it because consensus earlier was that the credits should be inclusive rather than exclusive. Odds are one or two people who did even less will make the credits. :P

It is good to err towards inclusiveness but there has to be a limit somewhere. You seem to be setting it as having contributed code so mjesteger's contribution does not reach this simply because github was used as a communication medium. I ma arguing this point, not because I wish to exclude people, but rather that we should be consistent, otherwise some people will be excluded who are known to have made larger contributions. This is very different from including people because we are unsure about their contribution, who should be given the benefit of the doubt.

The standard I was going by wasn't code so much as an accepted patch. Despite how trivial the patch is, it was accepted. Good 'ol edge cases. I'll probably pull him off the list though (with a foot note in case it's decided he should be included.) If any other devs have an opinion, I'd love to hear it.