Sound problems on Ubuntu

Guest idk

Today I installed 0AD on LINUX (Ubuntu 11.04) for the very first time. Unfortenately, I have no sound. My sound card and all is definitely working.

I have reported my problem to you using the function 0AD offers for this purpose. What does this function do exactly? I guess it connects to some CGI/PHP script and passes the user's report. I'm asking because I felt a lil uncomfortable using it because I always want to know where a program is connecting to exactly... I'm sure you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Edited by idk

Hi. Regarding sound - are you using PulseAudio? There have been frequent reports of trouble with that backend; you can try configuring OpenAL to use ALSA instead.

The feedback mechanism is currently only for the computer configuration and does not collect any personal information. It results in the very helpful http://feedback.wildfiregames.com report. You can inspect the source code in source/tools/webservices.

The "technical details" button in the menu screen says what information it sends, and source/ps/GameSetup/HWDetect.cpp implements the collection of hardware/system/driver details, and the server code (Django/Python) is where Jan says, so you can check it very carefully if you want :)