No rule to make target

chlin

I do svn update and re-run `update-workspaces.sh.` The console shows the following error.

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../../../source/ps/Vector2D.h', needed by `obj/simulation2_Debug/CCmpUnitMotion.o'. Stop.
make: *** [simulation2] Error 2

Checking the source dir ($0ad/source/ps), I do not find any header file named Vector2D.h; but there are other files also named Vector2D.h existing in other directory ($oad/source/).

./maths/Vector2D.h
./tools/rmgen/Vector2D.h

Can I just copy either of the above header file to ps/ dir to fix the error? Or how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

You need to run "make clean" before recompiling. (It gets confused by outdated dependency information.)

After `make clean,` rebuilding the source (in the stage of `==== Building AtlasUI ====') throws other new error saying

ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ColourTester/ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp:34:19: error: IL/il.h: No such file or directory
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ColourTester/ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp:35:20: error: IL/ilu.h: No such file or directory
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ColourTester/ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp: In constructor ‘ColourTesterImageCtrl::ColourTesterImageCtrl(wxWindow*)’:
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ColourTester/ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp:48: error: ‘ilInit’ was not declared in this scope
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ColourTester/ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp:49: error: ‘ILuint’ was not declared in this scope
../../../source/tools/atlas/AtlasUI/ColourTester/ColourTesterImageCtrl.cpp:49: error: expected primary-expression before ‘)’

is it related to the one `./libraries/devil/include/IL/il.h'?

Or what step I may miss for compilation?

Thanks.

libraries/devil/ is only used on Windows. On Linux you need to use some distro-specific method to install DevIL into the system (it might be a package called libdevil-dev perhaps).

Sorry my bad. This should have been explained in build instruction (http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions). My package seems automatically remove some packages that I was not aware of.

Now the code get compiled.

Thanks again for help.