Helping in game programming

Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself. My name is Germán Diago, I'm a student from Spain, and I'm finishing my 5-year Computer Science degree this year, in UJI University (Castellón, near Valencia) I'm 26.

I've seen the game and it looks... great! to say the least. I couldn't believe this game was free software! Congratulations for your work.

I'm a skilled programmer in C++, with no problem in writing code in that language. I know the standard library quite well and boost as well. I'm no OpenGL expert, so I think I can't help more than the people who are working on that there, who look quite expert. But I can offer myself to program AI and Gameplay pieces of the game if you want. Things like path finding maybe, or gameplay state. But for now I don't know how much spare time I have. The thing is that I want to try to help inside my possibilites, since I must finish my degree. Maybe in summer I will be able to help more than I can until June.

I won't have any problem in learning Javascript if necessary. It's an easy language for what I saw. So if you want something from me tell me and I can tell you which tasks I can do.

An explanation of the source code would be very welcome, besides the candidate tasks you would like me to code. I'm usually an ubuntu linux user, but if I must use windows 7, vista or xp, there's no problem.

Thanks.

Hi, it's great to see your interest (y). I've been making major changes to the gameplay system recently, so that's still an area that needs lots of work (I think it's the most useful thing to focus on now) but there isn't a stable overview of what's needed - probably the most relevant is this page which covers the features we likely want to have. There's a few specific tasks listed here and some others in the general Trac ticket list. Someone (silnarm) has worked on a pathfinder for Glest and has apparently been looking at integrating it here, but I don't know what the current status of that is; I don't think anything else is being actively worked on, except for whatever I'm doing.

Hi, it's great to see your interest (y). I've been making major changes to the gameplay system recently, so that's still an area that needs lots of work (I think it's the most useful thing to focus on now) but there isn't a stable overview of what's needed - probably the most relevant is this page which covers the features we likely want to have. There's a few specific tasks listed here and some others in the general Trac ticket list. Someone (silnarm) has worked on a pathfinder for Glest and has apparently been looking at integrating it here, but I don't know what the current status of that is; I don't think anything else is being actively worked on, except for whatever I'm doing.

Thanks. I'll see what I can find there.