Pre-Alpha

lybe

First of all, greetings to everybody, i'm new here.

I just found out about 0AD (from http://www.tacticularcancer.com/) and all i can say is i'm very impressed with the pre-alpha release. The artwork is fantastic and mechanics look solid at such an early stage.

Anyway, enough with the flattering. I'm not an artist but i hope i can help with the technical aspects of the game.

It's been a long time since i've tried any 3D programming -and that was dx not opengl- but i'm sure i can give a hand in minor coding tasks for a start. I'm checking out the SVN and downloading VC++ as i'm writing these lines so i i'll first try to build the project and then check any open tickets on some simple tasks.

I won't fill the application form, since i'm a little rusty in softtware development (i'm more of a hardware engineer these days (y) ) and chances are i won't be much of a contributor, but i hope i can be of use however little this may be.

Keep up the good work

If you find you're unable to directly contribute to the game, you're always more than welcome to help us promote the game. More interest in the game means more contributors and the possibility of an earlier release date!

I'd encourage you to visit our Get Involved page and scroll down to the giant bold header that reads, "I'd like to help, but I don't know how to develop games!" There, we provide you with the information you'll need to help us market the game. You could also print out flyers to hand out, or simply tell your friends about the game. Any way that you can get the word out about our game is helpful. (y)

Hi guys I am returning to check this website from time to time to see what is the progress on this fantastic idea.

Unfortunatelly I am not able to contribute in any ways since I have no technical skill and my art digital art is nowhere near good either :P.

I love history and historic rts however. I was very well surprised to see the pre-alfa when I returned to check on your progress. I was currious so I downloaded and instaled it and I was totaly amazed! Especially since you guys are doing this all in your spare time and not as a full time job.

FANTASTIC! Guys very well done and as a fan I support you to the max on this! There is still a lot of things missing in this version, but already now I can say I feel most excitement for any historic RTS since Age of Mythology (my all time favourite).

In this project you can clearly see who's doing quality games because they like it and whos doing cheap cr@p to make quick money, like many of the commercial products we see today.

Cant wait to get my hands on the final product! (y)

Edited by qsr1