Incremental ... error

When I build pyrogenisis in vc 2008 every time I get an error that mıcrosoft or wındows ıncremental lınk doesnt work and has to close. I can start up the game but without recent svn updates...

has anyone encountered this before? I ll try to add the build log when I get back from uni.

I get that quite frequently. Looks like it's just a bug in VC++, so I don't expect we can do anything about it - it fails during the final linking stage, and if I tell it to build again then it finishes and links correctly. (Maybe it could be fixed by telling VS not to build multiple projects in parallel, if that's what's confusing it, but I've never tested that.)

hm, I've never seen that one in (admittedly infrequent) VC2008SP1 builds on a 2x4 core machine. Are you both using SP1?

Besides the parallel build issue, does it help to toggle the "Use Library Dependency Inputs" linker option?

PS: VC2010 actually looks like a useful upgrade, we'll hopefully be getting that mid-May.

I'm not sure if this has been included in SP1 or not, but I dont think it has. Anyway, I was receiving the linker error every time I tried to build something for the first time, but it would work the second time. KB948127 was the solution to that problem. Not sure if you knew of it or not so just thought i'd throw it out there (y)