Hey guys!

Hi, I'm Alex from Spain

and I do embedded software for a living. Your project looks amazing, and I'd like to help.

However, I've never done any game programming before. I checked out the repository and compiled/played the game.

I had a look around at the code and the learning curve seems quite steep... any advice on how to start off? Thanks.

Welcome!

We've got a collection of issues in Trac, and have attempted to collect a few 'starter tasks' that suggest ways to jump in (though it's unfortunately not a very long list at the moment (y). Need to spend a bit more time organising things in Trac). There's also a rough overview of the recent in-progress gameplay rewrite which has a number of things that might be relatively approachable. There's probably more stuff we haven't written down - are there any particular areas you think you might be interested in, where we could expand on the details?

Hi Ykkrosh,

Thanks for the reference, I'll have a careful look at all this. C/C++/Linux is my strong suit. I've never done any JS, but I'd like to learn. I've been a feverish player of WC2, AOE2 and Starcraft, so I do know what RTS is about, where do you think I'd fit best?

Thanks,

Alex