Hey all

Hello all,

I'm a hobbyist game developer, I'm currently looking for a project to work on.

I came across this project a few times before, this time I decided to help out.

I'm a Computer Science graduate, with lots of experience in C++ development, in large projects.

I have experience in GUI development and in OpenGL.

Hope I can help out, although I didn't quite get how I do that yet...

If there's a process for selecting tickets to work on, I'll be glad to know about it.

I already got the code, compiled it and ran it, and the game looks awesome.

So, here's to the continuation of development of the game and hopefully a fruitful cooperation.

;)

Greetings! Sorry about the delayed reply.

Help is very welcome. We are happy to accept patches, and the process for selecting tickets to work on is exceedingly simple: whatever grabs your eye!

(See http://trac.wildfiregames.com/report/3)

Really anything not marked as an 'enhancement' would have a tangible benefit, and one of the advantages of being a hobbyist group is that there's no boss ordering you to do stuff you don't want to do.

If you're in things for the long haul, we'd love to see you join the team. That can be arranged by having a quick chat in IRC to get to know each other a bit better. It looks like things will be pretty hectic today, but how about mid-day tomorrow (Sunday)?

Am I correct in assuming you are currently in the GMT+2 time zone?

Ok, sounds good, I might start by looking over the tickets...

Sunday, mid-day, which timezone? yeah, I'm on GMT+2

Anyway, just to inform you I'm working a full-time job so I'll be available, almost every day, after 19:00 in GMT+2

Edited by Sluzky

Nice to have had a chat with you!

Working on GUI frameworks at the day job is a good basis for taking up the GUI thread in 0ad.. Since that's so near the user, I figure progress there will be immediately visible, which is nice. A longer-term goal (fed by an interest in game development, not just general GUIs) is work on gameplay code - let's see what specifically interests you when you're a bit more familiar with the engine.

Welcome, and I'm looking forward to working together with you!