Hello

Hi there.

I'm a student from a University from Portugal and I'd like to use your game as a starting point for a school project and participate in a portuguese contest of Open Source software (Sapo Summer Bits).

My intent is to change the proprietary work, and create a campaign of portuguese medieval history (century XII).

When the contest is over I'd like, if possible, to help you with the develpment of the game code.

I have completed, last year, the Degree on Computer Science and I'm attending a Masters in the same area.

I would like to receive a confirmation on your permission to proceed with our project.

Thanks to all

Greetings!

Having read the google translated version of the contest page, Erik aka feneur (the producer) and myself wish you the best of luck for the contest and our blessing to build upon 0 A.D. in order to do so.

What specifically do you mean by "change the proprietary work" - are there any non-free dependencies you are worried about, or did you mean replacing the appropriate units by their equivalents from the 12th century?

We are always happy to see programmers interested in helping to finish the game and look forward to fruitful cooperation in this area :)

Jan

Yes, I mean to replace the appropriate units by their equivalents from the 12th century, but also change any work done for which license is not GPL, because the whole project must have only one license.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask with who or how can I talk if I have any questions about the project?

Thanks for the help.

It depends on what kind of questions you have :)

Jan who posted above is the one to ask questions when it comes to the programming side of things, feel free to post in this thread if you've got general questions about the project as that way the entire team can answer. For Art related questions you can ask Michael (aka Mythos_Ruler).

change any work done for which license is not GPL, because the whole project must have only one license.

Ooh, that would be a mammoth undertaking, see LICENSE.txt for a breakdown of the licenses in use.

Wouldn't it be OK to say the licenses are all GPL-compatible?