The role women play

Cassador_Chris

I see that there are separate woman units in the game.

Are they economic-only "Super" units, or just economic only units? Or neither?

Also, I've been looking at the building concepts as of late, and it seems to me that the Persian-Greek-Roman buildings are generally larger than Celtic-Iberian buildings. If this is true, can smaller buildings be an advantage to the celts and iberians? In any case, I would find such a setting very interesting to play. It would give the celts and Iberians advantages in heavily wooden maps or maps with lots of shallows.

:(

Well, as an answer to your first question I've found this old thread about the role of women in the game and the ancient world: http://www.wildfiregames.com/forum/index.p...e+role+of+women

While not giving much information, and perhaps some outdated info it gives an idea of what we're planning.

And I'll have to let someone else answer your next question :(

Female Citizens are standard units available to every civilisation in the game. They are specifically designed to be good at gathering resources, especially farming and foraging, while the men are designed for fighting and building. The presence of a nearby female also boosts male unit gather rates as a special ability.

As far as buildings are concerned, most, if not all buildings are the same size regardless of civilisation. Now, this might change as we attempt to differentiate civs a bit. But you're right about Celts utilizing more wood as a resource and the hellenistic civs utilizing more stone. :(