players keep disconnecting.

dragonfire209

This seems to happen with the lower ranking players where, as soon as I start to win, my opponent disconnects. it appears to be a form of avoiding rank loss, and it is infuriating. this has happed to me 3 out of 5 games. is anyone else having this issue? if so, it might be a good idea for the developers to add a win lose scale of sorts, so when a player disconnects the player remaining gets credit for it. 

All in all, it is a pity that it is not possible to block precisely such players who systematically leave in order not to lose rank. This is probably a problem that not only affects you directly but also many other players (it would be nice if there was something to emphasise that we didn't run away, etc).

@dragonfire209Please report such players according to the instructions in the first post here. Also, you need to read through the list of ratings abuses to identify the problematic players and avoid them. We don't currently have an automated method of avoiding such players or punishing them. It's up to the 0ad community to enact consequences for such misconduct.