Units

Kerotos

Hi guys i got a question. Im more or less new to 0 A.D. and im not sure which units i should build for like atking someone.

At the moment i play Mauryans and i dont know if i should do Calv or Speer meele or sword meele. Normal archer or archers from the hero.

My early game is ok. One of my problems is, i just dont know what to build to atk.

Edited by Kerotos

I'm not pro.. but this what i do currently

build around 30-40 females initially. some of them go to gathering wood initially but in late game all are tasked on farms.

First 20-30 soldiers- spearman. then all archers. upto 5 javelin cav for hunting and later to raid.

Start training swordsman champion and archer champion from hero as soon as you can.

Get infantry armor upgrades and archer and sword attack upgrades from blacksmith.

when you max out your pop. attack with both champions and all archer citizens you have. alt-Double click any one soldier to select all citizen archers. then shift click CC and forward to drop resource and move forward. Hero elephant can help weaken any garrisoned enemy CC which is difficult to capture.

the economy is left with about 40 females on food. and 30 spearman on wood. train upto 20 merchants for metal. few more spearman can be trained later as pop space clears.

This is the most efficient way imo to handle the game as it is right now.

34 minutes ago, drsingh said:

I'm not pro.. but this what i do currently

build around 30-40 females initially. some of them go to gathering wood initially but in late game all are tasked on farms.

First 20-30 soldiers- spearman. then all archers. upto 5 javelin cav for hunting and later to raid.

Start training swordsman champion and archer champion from hero as soon as you can.

Get infantry armor upgrades and archer and sword attack upgrades from blacksmith.

when you max out your pop. attack with both champions and all archer citizens you have. alt-Double click any one soldier to select all citizen archers. then shift click CC and forward to drop resource and move forward. Hero elephant can help weaken any garrisoned enemy CC which is difficult to capture.

the economy is left with about 40 females on food. and 30 spearman on wood. train upto 20 merchants for metal. few more spearman can be trained later as pop space clears.

This is the most efficient way imo to handle the game as it is right now.

how do i train swordman and archer champions? i can only have 1 hero or not