Custom content deleted while updating to alpha9

FeXoR

After I installed the alpha9 the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\0ad\cache folder is empty.

I added a ticket for that. It will frustrate users loosing their work and makes bad publicity.

Edit: Renamed the post tough it's in the wrong place then. Hm, how to move it?

Just to say it, the custom maps are to be placed in:

Scenarios: %appdata%\0ad\cache\mods\public\maps\scenarios

Random map scripts: %appdata%\0ad\cache\mods\public\maps\random

This can be found here. I think it's a little hidden though.

I suspected something like that and gladly saved my work before so no one was harmed here ^^

Edited by FeXoR

Hmm, I think this is an unexpected consequence of Atlas saving things into bogus locations, combined with the uninstaller assuming the cache directory can be safely deleted. (The uninstaller is doing what it should, but we should have a proper location for storing user-created content.)

Hmm, I think this is an unexpected consequence of Atlas saving things into bogus locations, combined with the uninstaller assuming the cache directory can be safely deleted. (The uninstaller is doing what it should, but we should have a proper location for storing user-created content.)

Oh, I thought where atlas stores it by default IS the 'proper location' :scratch_one-s_head:

And if it's not I can rename my post as it was called in the beginning:

'Where to put custom scenarios/random map scripts/AI s cripts?'

I found this ticket and tried (in many ways) if that works but it doesn't seam so.

And I can't find the code where it is set up???

Only 2 occurrences of 'scenario' searched 'case sensitive' but not 'whole word only' in the svn rep???

Edited by FeXoR

I found this ticket and tried (in many ways) if that works but it doesn't seam so. 

That ticket only rearranges existing game directories into more logical locations, which is a good first step but we'll still have a problem. We actually need to add a new directory for user content and make the VFS save mod-related data into that directory. As it is, the VFS behavior is broken and we have little control over where files are written.