Design meeting report #4

Karamel

The design meeting #4 happenend yesterday evening. We were niektb, Tango_ and myself, with Stan and Scynthet as spectators.

The main topic was about battle pace, but we hadn't much experience the previous week with only one game between niektb and me (which was out of sync and we both won).

Because of that there wasn't anything acted about it but just some ideas of things to have and not to have.

The current battle pace in Sibyllae Vox is around 20s for a battle (or at least a skirmish in a larger battle) which wasn't for me unconfortable even if I think it can be increased a bit.

The idea is to give enough time to do some manoeuvres in the battle but with units not too strong to be able to raid without requiring to be 10 on 1 for a quick isolated kill. The good balance has to be found between the two (current state of Sibyllae Vox is an almost instant kill around 4 on 1).

And we said we requires testing for these figures, not just math and thoughts.

We can't hold a formal meeting next week due to a week of exams. So there will just be an informal meeting for those who can be there to discuss of things and others.

The following works will be in done in parallel on the 4 points, battle pace (current subject), base building, evolution through time and the transversal historic accuracy. As for myself I had some thoughts that I will expose and check some things in Sibyllae Vox.

• Like 1