Unofficial 0A.D. Teamspeak

RuleMaker

Hi guys,

I couldn't find anyone to play against in multiplayer, nor was there any place which seemed right to do it. I have created an unofficial TeamSpeak channel, you can connect using "codemaker.eunetadsl.com", the server wont be on 24/7 but it's on about 13 hours/day. So if you want to play multiplayer feel free to use it.

Hi guys,

I couldn't find anyone to play against in multiplayer, nor was there any place which seemed right to do it. I have created an unofficial TeamSpeak channel, you can connect using "codemaker.eunetadsl.com", the server wont be on 24/7 but it's on about 13 hours/day. So if you want to play multiplayer feel free to use it.

Why not join the Steam group?

I'm not a Steam fan, I had that program and I ran into all kind of issues; never ever connecting whatever I did, stuck in searching for updates, etc.

And the support basicly told me what I could find on the net and had already done.

That being said. Steam is a great way to communicate and play a game or mod.

EDIT: By the way, I will join the Steam group when my main computer is fixed.

Edited by Unarmed

Why not join the Steam group?

I'm not a Steam fan, I had that program and I ran into all kind of issues; never ever connecting whatever I did, stuck in searching for updates, etc.

And the support basicly told me what I could find on the net and had already done.

That being said. Steam is a great way to communicate and play a game or mod.

EDIT: By the way, I will join the Steam group when my main computer is fixed.

Which steam group? I have just installed steam, added 0 A.D. to games but there is no lobby, group or anything where I can find opponents.

EDIT: I've found this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/0AD, joined it but still no option to start a game or something. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by RuleMaker

Which steam group? I have just installed steam, added 0 A.D. to games but there is no lobby, group or anything where I can find opponents.

EDIT: I've found this group http://steamcommunity.com/groups/0AD, joined it but still no option to start a game or something. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Well there is not really a option to start the game I think.

When I want to play multiplayer of a mod: I chat to someone I know, ask if he knows any other players, we chat a little while, we start the game (some games allow you to use Steam in the game), and go to a lobby where someone made the game.

But yeah there is no lobby in 0 A.D. but my point is that you'll have to do everything manually. But I think Steam is a good way to communicate since you can just have it running in the background.

I'm not familiar with Teamspeak, so I'll admit I have no idea how it works. But I was under the impression you need to start the program and can't really have it in the background.

Also with Steam you can communicate with group members which is kind of handy.

Edited by Unarmed