Missing msvcr90d.dll

Hello folks,

I'm building 0ad in Visual Studio 2010 but it fails at running in debug mode. After some research, I realized in the binary/system folder, the msvcr90d.dll library is missing and my current Visual Studio installation doesn't ship it (as expected). I could install VS2008 in order to get it and tweak the manifest in binary/system to link with the shipped libraries (the current manifest is pointing to msvcr90d without SP1 patch), but, as there are debug libraries for older versions (7.1 and 8.0) in the project repository, I think it could not hurt anyone including 9.0 debug libraries too.

Regards!

• 9 months later...

Same problem here ...

Found: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions#Windows

Checked for Visual C++ 2008 Express edition (http://www.microsoft.com/express/Downloads/#2008-Visual-CPP) but geeting forewarded to Visual Studio 2013/2010. There seems to be no 2008 downloads anymore?!

Any hint for me?

FYI:

Source from github compiles using VC++ 2010 without any errors, but starting fails.

Debugger error because of missing msvcr90d.dll

Release error because javascripts cannot be found and "bones" are unknown.

(I'm new to "0 A.D." ...)

You won't get the debug C runtime libs anywhere (legally) unless you install the full version(s) of VS Professional, that's due to Microsoft's licensing. The express editions don't include them. The alternative is to stick with release builds instead of debug builds, which are still quite useful for debugging and much faster.