Hey All!

Hey Everybody!

I'm a Computer Science student from Berkeley, looking to do some open source coding. I have some particular interest/experience in AI and would love to see what I could do there, but in general I want to help out, submit good working code, and help out however I can, as I have a pretty good understanding of C++. I've been told to attend the general developer meeting this Saturday at 16:30 GMT(which will be 830AM PST I believe), so hopefully I'll be able to talk to you all then.

Edited by steggy

Welcome Steggy! Berkeley you say? You haven't by chance heard of the Berkeley Overmind have you? Or the Undermind for that matter...

Anyways, there's a list of all current AI player projects in my signature. Jubot is the default player, distributed with 0 AD. Both it and qBot are based off the same "TestBot" architecture. SplitBot and RootBot both have different and unique architectures. You can read more about them all in their respective threads.

Instead of working on a specific bot, or making one from scratch, you might want to solve some general problems. For instance, there's no way (as far as I know) for the AI to learn it's under attack. Fixing that might be fairly involved. Also, nobody's implemented any sort of defensive behavior yet.

Instead of working on a specific bot, or making one from scratch, you might want to solve some general problems. For instance, there's no way (as far as I know) for the AI to learn it's under attack. Fixing that might be fairly involved. Also, nobody's implemented any sort of defensive behavior yet.

There are actually events being generated currently which include an attack notification, AI's can't access this at the moment though. I just created a ticket for it since it is a two line change. http://trac.wildfire....com/ticket/972 . Detecting attacks before they hit is a different matter but is an internal AI script matter.

There are quite a lot of other general things which need work however, I guess me(qBot), Jubalbarca (juBot) and lexa (splitBot) are the main active people working on AIs, other people at the dev meeting would be better for other stuff.