When will multiplayer save come to 0ad?

ql100

0ad is one of the best open-source RTS games I've ever played. It brings me hours of fun. However, these hours of fun cannot be easily shared with friends if we need to start over every time, either as a result of connection failure, or because of our spare time running out.

Proposals for multiplayer saves have existed as far back as in 2012, with a bountysource issue that has stayed unsolved since then.

Although 0ad comes with an impressive AI, it has an even better gameplay experience with friends. Without enough time, one cannot afford to enjoy a full game with friends.

Is the multiplayer save and load feature difficult to implement? Or is it a work in progress? Are there any current workarounds for enabling

I will be able to get more of my friends to play 0ad with us if we don't need to start over.

Edited by ql100
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ql100 said:

0ad is one of the best open-source RTS games I've ever played. It brings me hours of fun. However, these hours of fun cannot be easily shared with friends if we need to start over every time, either as a result of connection failure, or because of our spare time running out.

Proposals for multiplayer saves have existed as far back as in 2012, with a bountysource issue that has stayed unsolved since then.

Although 0ad comes with an impressive AI, it has an even better gameplay experience with friends. Without enough time, one cannot afford to enjoy a full game with friends.

Is the multiplayer save and load feature difficult to implement? Or is it a work in progress? Are there any current workarounds for enabling

I will be able to get more of my friends to play 0ad with us if we don't need to start over.

it is work in progress https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4770

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1