0AD on early Intel Mac Mini

Has anybody tried running 0AD on a early generation Inet Mac Mini? I'm asking because I'm not sure if the game is running slow due to my OS or my graphics card.

Graphics card details:

bstempi@mini:~$ lspci | grep Intel | grep Mobile
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/PM/GMS, 943/940GML and 945GT Express Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev e2)

I'm currently running Ubuntu 10.04, so I'm wondering if I'm just using a crappy driver or if I need to disable Compiz, etc. Any help is, of course, appreciated.

How slow is "slow"? I've run on a 945GM some years ago, and I think it was just about bearable.

See binaries/data/config/default.cfg, which tells you how to create ~/.config/0ad/config/local.cfg and then try

fancywater = false
shadows

if you haven't done so already. Also, compile with "CONFIG=Release make" instead of the normal "make", and then run "pyrogenesis" instead of "pyrogenesis_dbg", to run the optimised version. Hopefully those may help.

I disabled the fancy water and shadows in-game. That created a noticeable increase in speed. After that, I compiled a release build. That didn't seem to make a difference.

It's more playable, but slow enough that I wouldn't use it. Well, now that I know it's my machine, I know to try to play it somewhere else :)

Thanks, Philip!