Changed build instructions for linux/osx

SpiderMonkey on linux/unix/os x is now bundled with the sources (actually, the bundling has been done for some time, I just didn't actually activate it in the build system until now), so the procedure for building and installing spidermonkey has changed.

The rationale is that getting the proper version compiled with the correct settings is messy for everyone who aren't lucky enough to have their distribution provide a package for it, so it's easier to bundle our own build script with the proper configuration, and that we'd prefer to use a specific javascript version everywhere to avoid accidentally producing incompatible scripts.

When checking out a new tree (and of course for any existing trees), you'll now have to do this:

cd trunk/libraries/spidermonkey/src
./build.sh

to build and install spidermonkey within your tree.

(http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/BuildInstructions has also been updated for Linux and OS X)

Actually I also made update-workspaces.sh compile/update the bundled external libraries on every run while writing this post, so those new instructions are already out of date ;) Hopefully the usefulness of not having to manually build the external libraries outweighs the extra time spent checking that the libraries are up-to-date and the extra spam from those build scripts.

Sounds good! ;)

Hopefully the usefulness of not having to manually build the external libraries outweighs the extra time spent checking that the libraries are up-to-date and the extra spam from those build scripts.

I'd think so, (reliably) solving the frequently occurring SpiderMonkey problem is already valuable and update-workspaces isn't run that often, so a few seconds doesn't hurt at all.