Game Setup Parameters in A0.26 and scenario maps.

Frederick_1

When setting up a match on a scenario map you can not change any game parameters except playing speed.

The values are kept the same you used on your last game when you set up a skirmish map. I think game parameters not defined by the mapmaker should be select able like a skirmish map.  Current you need to select a dummy skirmish map, select your game  settings you want, and then change to the scenario  map you want to play, and the values of the skirmish map are taken but not changeable.

Sure a scenario does not have that much configuration. But not all values are fixed either.  At the moment you can change nothing but the game speed. Which   population limit you want is more a  question of hardware possibilities than map design, and depends from the number of players.  I do not want to change the options defined in the map with atlas editor but those not defined. Not all scenarios define every value.

For those values that are not fix in the scenario, the last values  used in a skirmish map on the host are used. Including team options, and these can be everything, including  things that are not suitable for the scenario. For my usage I have found out how to deal with a situation like this. For the game I think: Values from the map, defined by the creator of the scenario  should be fix, all other changeable, and not last values on the host used.

• Thanks 1