Screenshots We'd Like To See

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would just like to say that it is AMAZING what all of you at wild fire games are doing with 0ad.It's definately cool to see a group of guys start a video game and watch it go thrue all of it's stages.It inspires me to want to work in the video game industry.I just want to tell you that you're doing an awesome job and my jaw drops every time I see a new screen shot. speaking of screen shots I would like to see a destroyed city,not vilage, with a large battle going on inside it with water in the picture(the new good water) and hopefully some seige units!well,keep up the good work and good luck on 0ad. :)

• 1 month later...

Right now we are in the process of finishing the Mediterranean Biome, so most of the screenshots for the next few months will feature Italian / Greek-ish type settings. Once we start to complete those biomes you mentioned we'll start to show those off as well. We have enough assets for a desert or snowy shot, but they won't be representative of the finished look of the game. I think from now on I will try to show you guys screenshots that will be representative of how the game will end up looking. ;)

I'd like to point out that you shouldn't expect anything more from the screenshots than what the game currently looks like. Take a look at this screenshot from when production started 2 years ago. (from the Journey into the Third Dimension article on our Team Diaries Section

The art especially sees alot of change in the game, constantly being fine-tuned and updated until we get to a level of detail that we are happy with.

Hey, don't buff up the graphics too much... I don't want to have to buy two new graphics cards before seeing the product in all it's intended glory. ;)

I don't understand it. It is just because of feeling that you could have something more?

Because I don't see other point of this. Why this game shouldn't be as beautiful as developers want? As long as it can be tuned to fit well on middle class machines.

• 1 year later...

How about Persians vs. Greeks? Have a shot of a host of Persian infanty bearing down on a Macedonian phalanx with the cavalry close behind. Do you have any hero units yet? If so you could include Alexander and his hetairoi and Darius III and the Immortals, perhaps in a depiction of a historical battle like Gaugamela or Issos.