Additional Civs you'd like to see?

Paal_101

Go duchy of Muscovy!

I think that would be a little outside our timeperiod. :P

I'd really like to see Ptolemaic Egyptians.

Definately a good choice for a future "content addon pack." We've (Paul and I) have batted around ideas for a Diadachi / Macedonia hybrid civ.

The Etruscans!

They'd be a sweet civ. ;) I have yet to see them prominently in any RTS.

Perhaps Mauryan Indians for the early period, and Guptas for the late period?

I'm afraid the scope of our game doesn't really include the Indians, no matter how cool they are. We're including civs that effected Rome in both parts of our game's time periods. Part 1 is 500BC - 1BC and the Indians had little to virtually no contact with Rome at this time. :D Indians would be a sweet civ for an AOE1 Redux though. :)

Well, Indians had alot to do with the Persians and Hellenes. If not indians, steppe nomads could be fun. A scytho-sarmatian faction could do, that splits into either the Saka or the Sarmatians. Saka would have better infantry, and limited elephant use, and Sarmatians could be really good skirmishers and horse archers. I'd even be willing to learn how to model and program just to have these put in-game. Lol.

With the nature of the game and how we are constructing the game, you should be able to add entire civilizations at-will, or replace existing ones if you wish. I think it'd be better to just ADD another civilisation since then it won't cause multiplayer issues for those who download your mod. ;)

I think maybe someone else could give you a better answer, but I am sure I am correct. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to see some germanic tribes, like the teutons, or germanic-cross-celtic tribes like the ambrones or the cimbri, because they played a important role in roman history (after several roman defats against these peoples in the late second century BC and against the king Jugurtha in north Africa, Marius introduces his famous reforms)

• 2 months later...

Some interesting civs would be:

-Kingdom of Aksum

-Maurya Empire

-Thracians

-Lydians

-Scytians

-Latter babylonians(They fought against early persians)

-Dacians

-Saba(As in europa barbarorum)

-Germanic "barbarians"

-Maccabees

-Han Dynasty

-Thirtieth Dynasty egyptians

Pehraps some of those could appear in latter "x-packs"