Additional Civs you'd like to see?

Paal_101

On a purely hypothetical level, what other civilizations and peoples would you like to see in 0 AD if you had to chance to mod them in or WFG put out an expansion pack?

For myself, I'd like to put in the:

Illyrians

Thracians

Scythians

Diadochi, most likely the Seleucids

Anyone else?

Edited by Paal_101
  • Like 1

In for Part II :) Assuming you mean Teutons as Germanics in general, like the Suebi, Cherusci, Marcomanni, and Quadi and not just the Teutons who migrated with the Cimbri?

Well, I meant Germanic tribes in general. I don't want to underestimate WFG or something like this, but to make such great numbers of different tribes would only cause additional delay. BTW, I don't think that their equipment and fighting style differed so much to be worth making them as unique civs.

Indeed Vit, there is very little difference! At a purely technicolor dream level I would like to do the Germanics as a general civ with two branches: one for the earlier Germanics of the 1st century AD (Teutoburg Wald era - Suebi/Cherusci/Chatti) and the second for the famous Germanics of the 2nd century AD (the Marconmani Wars era - Marcomanni and Quadi). The main difference being that the Marcomanni and their allies had much better equipment and weapons than the Suebi. Obviously the Suebi would train units faster but on the flip side they would also die quicker. The tradeoff is there. That being said the Suebi branch would probably have one of the highest natural hitpoints for any unit, so assuming one could tech them up a ways it would be impressive.

Edited by Paal_101

In an ideal world I would like an expansion that pushes the timescal back even further to include even more ancient civs, like the Hittites, Babylonians, Egyptians etc. For some reason they are chronically under-represented in games.

One reason I *still* love the original Age of Empires is that it includes those civs. There hasn't been a game since AoE that has quite matched the same feel with those ancient civs.

Yes I have a had dream of making a Bronze Age addon to 0 AD. Get Mycenaens in addition to those you mentioned Aztec :)

Woot! Great idea; I'm with you! :D

Perhaps Islamic Arabs? They were around that timeframe I belive. They would have the best ironworkers, so that means very high attack! However, most didn't wear very much armor...

I completely agree with the AOE thing. there has been no good game that does those ancient civs any credit since then. Even AOE has been lacking in diversity.

• 2 weeks later...