Laconia Replays

Frederick_1

Laconia is a Scenario where you usually start in an somewhat inferior Position, although both player have almost the same number of population. Most of them are set in a battle situation where without interaction Spartanians (as standard  player 1  looses his complete army without much losses for the Macedonian. So the game description says:

The Macedonians are encroaching into Spartan lands. After losing a pitched battle against the invaders, the Spartans must rebuild their army quickly before the Macedonians overrun the entire valley.

Using formations improves spartanians performance witout much impact on battle outcome. Simply running away and avoiding the battle is not good because the group of macedonian champion cavalery almost encircled your army and they are faster than your infantry.

With micromanagement it is possible to alter the outcome of this battle. I like to experiment for a quick game without the need to built up your army. I want to share some of the results in this tread.

• Like 1

To start this is a alpha 25  alpha 0.26 replay, which is one of my fastest victorys in about 5 min.
These first files are all alpha 0.26 altough in 0.25 the behaviour of the javlineer was different and better fight results were possible.

I have found no Subforum for 0.26 replays. This is why I posted here.

commands.txt metadata.json

Edited by Frederick_1
Correction and hint difference 0.26 vs 0.25
  • Like 1

The battle results vary when you use a formation. From what I tested flank gives the "best" result with 18 kill vs. 43 losses.

Other formations I tested gave these results as number of kills with 42 losses:
Box 16
Close order 12
none  9
Phalanx 8

This is the replay with flank formation:

metadata.jsoncommands.txt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a replay where I lost only 5 entities in the battle against the Macedonian until a victory in min 5.

In 0ad alpha 25 it was possible to outdistance the group of 10 javlineers of the Macedonians which went to work. Making the battle much easier. In Alpha 0.26 this is not possible any more. So I was surprised over the overall outcome of this match, as good as my best fights with alpha 0.25. I must admit this was only possible with the help of the autociv-mod. And sure it was only possible in turtle speed, to have enough influence on the game evolvement.

This is a graph of this fight:1801347898_Bildschirmfotozu2022-11-2906-46-50.thumb.png.f336e9d576d6854e7c6642a643d6ec75.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess this is my fastest victory in minute 5.

The strategy to take out  the enemy javelineer group worked out  well,  despite the good result I am still unhappy, because of the uneccecary losses in Minuit 3. I thought using formation close order brings distance fighter to the back. But it did not work out well enough. as usual they ran into enemy too fast.

This replay the javelineer take out did not work. I had to go into a pullback.

I had some more issues with the 0AD user interface. To get town phase soon enough did not work as inteded because screen refresh was not fast enough and time was over when would have to do a "recklick" 0AD is awfully lugging to user interaction. At least on my intel 9600k@ 4.4 Mhz.

Also the destruction of my barrack was not intended. I wanted to enable autoque....

(The game crashed later, so only commands.txt. At least here I can do the replay anyway)

commands.txt