Understanding attack & resistance values

BeTe

Hello!

If we have fight like this:

Unit A: attack: 10 pierce, interval: 1 sec
Unit B: resistance: 5.0 pierce (41%), health 100

What that means, how many seconds needs unit A to kill unit B? And what "41%" means? 

And comparing to that what about

Unit C: resistance: 1.0 pierce (10%)

Is Unit C 5x weaker than Unit B? Or 5 - 1 = 4

• Like 1

41% of pierce damage inflicted to unit B is denied by its pierce resistance, hence, unit A needs 100/6.9 = 15 landed hits to kill unit B.

please only mind percentage resistance, the absolute value before that is related to the exponential of the percentage resistance, and it's not really necessary to understand it, but if you are comfortable with math you can do some research on the forum and see how that works, there are other threads like this one you created. also if you want to know what's the chance of ranged attacks to hit or to miss (melee attacks always hit) you should find some answers in the forum, but that's actually quite messy and much more complicate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alre said:

41% of pierce damage inflicted to unit B is denied by its pierce resistance, hence, unit A needs 100/6.9 = 15 landed hits to kill unit B.

please only mind percentage resistance, the absolute value before that is related to the exponential of the percentage resistance, and it's not really necessary to understand it, but if you are comfortable with math you can do some research on the forum and see how that works, there are other threads like this one you created. also if you want to know what's the chance of ranged attacks to hit or to miss (melee attacks always hit) you should find some answers in the forum, but that's actually quite messy and much more complicate.

Yeah, sorry but Search function on forum doesn't help much - I already tried to find.

But how you got 6.9 value?

Oh, they can miss as well? Yeah, then that "dancing" technique makes sense. I could put cavalry in front and order to go left-right? Or better let them fight?

IDK man.... I am trying to understand what units to build to counter opponent.  I think that 5-10% more efficient fight is big deal in that big fights against equal or better opponent. It's hard to catch everything on Forum so I am trying to analyze replays and compare units.

Edited by BeTe
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, BeTe said:

But how you got 6.9 value?

If that's what gets through from 10 damage and 41% resistance I think it should be 5.9.

33 minutes ago, BeTe said:

Oh, they can miss as well? Yeah, then that "dancing" technique makes sense. I could put cavalry in front and order to go left-right? Or better let them fight?

That's why dancing was nerfed. You can try it, but I think that horse is gonna die pretty quick.

34 minutes ago, BeTe said:

I think that 5-10% more efficient fight is big deal in that big fights against equal or better opponent.

That's why forge upgrades and will to fight make a difference.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

If that's what gets through from 10 damage and 41% resistance I think it should be 5.9.

yes right

45 minutes ago, BeTe said:

What about "1.0 pierce" value then? It should be 4.9 then? :)

that's 10% reduction, so an incoming attack of 10 pierce damage actually deals 9 damage to unit C.

8 hours ago, BeTe said:

Hello!

If we have fight like this:

Unit A: attack: 10 pierce, interval: 1 sec
Unit B: resistance: 5.0 pierce (41%), health 100

What that means, how many seconds needs unit A to kill unit B? And what "41%" means? 

And comparing to that what about

Unit C: resistance: 1.0 pierce (10%)

Is Unit C 5x weaker than Unit B? Or 5 - 1 = 4

I will use your example.

B

Screenshot_20221103-110442.png.87987458b5217d54da0549fba7f81cc1.png

C

Screenshot_20221103-110725.png.384644eb16061e396abb43adf008fd8b.png

if C has the same hitpoints C is more weaker.

I like to make things more visual.

Next time I'll add icons.

The higher the resistance, the lower the damage.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Thanks 1