M1 Mac download not working

eTrey

I have version 25 (and an earlier one), but I just started playing again and want to play the lastest version. I downloaded the the M1 mac version (direct download, not sure how to use torrent), opened the .dmg and moved the app to my applications folder. But when I then try to open it it gives me an error '“0 A.D. 2.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.' I tried downloading it twice, same error both times. Help would be appreciated.

@eTrey

If I recall correctly same warning on older operating systems just said something to the effect of "this application isn't signed, it could have malware, are you sure you want to open?"

I presume they make the warning sound dangerous so it is harder for users to make use of applications they don't make money off of.

• 2 weeks later...

@Redfire Are you able to secondary-click outside of 0ad, for example on the desktop? If not, then you need to configure your mouse correctly. Macs by default only have one mouse button, regardless of where you press on the mouse. Ctrl+Click causes the secondary click, by default.

However, Mac mice actually have the ability to detect secondary clicks on a hardware level. It is necessary to enable it in Settings. For example, enable secondary click for clicks on the right side of the mouse.

• 3 weeks later...