2 things I think are exploits: Tower upgrades, and CC within enemy territory.

Woodtower upgrade to Stone

One thing people do at the beginning of border fights is quickly build a wood tower, then immediately click upgrade to stone.  They do this because:

1. they will lose too many soldiers if they build a stone tower, and 
  2. the enemy will lose too many soldiers if they try to capture the wood tower.

I think it's more reasonable that the upgrade function should turn the tower into a foundation that soldiers need to build to completion.

CC within enemy territory

Another thing people sometimes do is they capture a barracks or a temple in your territory, the proceed to build a civic center right next to it, fully encircled in your territory.  I think it would be better if it was not possible to build a CC in that situation. 

55 minutes ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

One thing people do at the beginning of border fights is quickly build a wood tower, then immediately click upgrade to stone.  They do this because:

I think it's more reasonable that the upgrade function should turn the tower into a foundation that soldiers need to build to completion.

Another option would be to increase build time of the wood tower.

56 minutes ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

Another thing people sometimes do is they capture a barracks or a temple in your territory, the proceed to build a civic center right next to it, fully encircled in your territory.  I think it would be better if it was not possible to build a CC in that situation. 

Yes, I agree this shouldn't be possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

this was already discussed in the past, I also suggested that the tower upgrade was deniable. we need a working patch.

1 hour ago, Philip the Swaggerless said:

I like that actually. maybe if CCs didn't create such large patches of empty territory around, one could build one next to a border and start conquering from there (I'm thinking about the territory mod).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Another option would be to increase build time of the wood tower.

The thing is I think the wood tower build time is fair for p1.  You wouldn't want it to be much longer since you will have fewer people building it in the early game.  But when it's p2 or p3 you have a ton of units so it goes up super fast.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/11/2022 at 12:44 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

I think both "exploits" are fine.

Building a CC in enemy territory comes with risks, costs and missed opportunities. Building an CC takes time that could be spent for other purposes.

Building wooden towers and upgrading them isnt problematic either IMHO.

i think build cc in ennemy base is a "cheat" , Hijacking the system.

11 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

If you capture a barracks or so in enemy territory, then you gain some territory control. Then in the small patch of newly controlled territory you can place a CC (if it is a small CC).

Yesterday the game wouldn't even let me build a storehouse in such a spot, because it "wasn't my own terrain".

Anyway, if you can't deny a CC in such a spot your days are numbered anyway. ;)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Yesterday the game wouldn't even let me build a storehouse in such a spot, because it "wasn't my own terrain".

I think the main reason you can build a cc there and not a storehouse is that cc's can be built without territory root, but storehouses can not. The pocket of territory you capture with a barracks is not "enemy" territory anymore, so cc's can be placed there, but is "un-rooted" so you can't put a storehouse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you capture an enemy barracks, you can build a CC smack dab in the middle of their city. This is because the captured barracks is a hole in the enemy territory.

Possible solutions I thought of:

• Make cc not buildable in own territory
  • somehow allow enemy territory to exist within captured buildings
  • change the territory radius for barracks
  • change the build area of the cc so it needs more territory to be built.

I like the second option the most, but I have no idea how the territory works. Maybe there are other solutions.

Duplicate post, my bad. Other one should be merged or deleted i guess.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

On 13/01/2024 at 9:40 PM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Possible solutions I thought of:

• Make cc not buildable in own territory
  • somehow allow enemy territory to exist within captured buildings
  • change the territory radius for barracks
  • change the build area of the cc so it needs more territory to be built.

If you look into the template for the CC, there is also something for territory called "weight". By adjusting weight (for the CC or barracks), I suppose the captured territory after capturing a barracks also adjusts.