Hi from Israel

Hi, my name is Evan. I live in the South end of Israel, about 45km from the Red Sea. I am trying to learn as much as I can about game programming. I have been asked to come up with un idea to creat awareness for the land mine problem in a number of countries by the Red Cross and the Israeli ambulance service. I have a concept drawn up, but have a lot to learn. I don't know if I will be of any ues to this forum. Hope it is ok to just watch and learn.

Thanks.

Welcome Evan! Let me be the first to welcome you to our humble home on the Internet :shrug: Are you a member of the Red Cross? I used to volunteer with that organization and have only good things to say about the people I had contact with.

As for learning, this is a great place and it is most definately okay to watch, but don't be afraid to jump right in ;) We are always looking for new points of view and ideas.

Again, welcome!

No... I wish that I was a member of the Red Cross...

I had a work accedent about two years ago and am basically stuck at home with a lot of time on my hands. A friend works for the Israely ambulance service, education dep and asked me to come up with a game to teach young people of the dangers in land mine countries. I am more of a graphic artest and have a few ideas, just not the knowlage to implament them.

By the way... I was thinking of makeing the programe bootable. Enabling the programe to use as much of the computers rescoures as posible? Don't know if it is a good idea or not.

Thanks for the welcome and I would love to be able to help where I can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...